Okay, so I know I haven't blogged recently to update from this week, but I had to make a quick post because today we found out who's on our permanent teams and...where we're going on our first SPIKE!
My team is awesome -- I will post pictures and more information as soon as I get a minute!
I will be travelling to: Freeport, Texas
I will be working with the Boys and Girls Club and tutoring in elementary schools! I am very excited to be working with kids and in a warm climate!
I will post more information as soon as I get a minute! This week has been pretty busy, and tonight I just finished teaching a Zumba (aerobic dance class) with some girls from my unit. And now I am off to celebrate our new teams with the girls from my floor.
I will head out to Texas on November 14th and be there until I come home for Christmas on December 18th.
Hope all is well. Look for a post updating from this past week sometime this weekend!
Hugs - Ashley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ashley-Yeah! What a great place to be in the winter...and you get to work with kids too. I'm excited for you! One of my student's mom called me today to ask if she could help plan some "giving/service" opportunities for my classroom and I said, "Yes! That would be great!" So, I'm going to talk to my students tomorrow and see what kind of interest we have. Take care! I love reading your blogs, seeing pics, and Skyping! Miss you,... Love, mom
ReplyDeleteI just heard that there are gas stations called "Bucky's" in Texas that have bathrooms better than most bathrooms in homes. Check 'em out and let me know if it's true!
ReplyDelete