Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Induction!

Friday, November 13th

Induction! This was an awesome day! At 10am, our entire Corps filed into the auditorium at Colorado Heights. This is my team (FIRE ONE!) outside of induction before it started!


Induction began with a warm welcome by our campus director, Barbara Lane. From the few times she's spoke to us, she seems like an incredible and talented woman. She said many inspirational and kind words.

We also watched a slideshow that summarized everything we had been doing in Denver during training for the past month. It was crazy to see how much we have done in such a short amount of time!

We had several other motivational speakers and singers - all of which were fabulous. As I left the auditorium at around 11:30am, I was ready to head directly to the van and get on my way to Texas! Unfortunately, I had to bottle my enthusiasm for another 20 hours!

After induction, we had a nice reception and lunch in the cafeteria. All of fire-unit pushed tables together and sat at one large table for our last "family dinner." It's amazing how quickly our unit bonded and became attached to one another.

Here's Megan and I after induction outside of the reception.

Here's me and some of the wonderful ladies on my team -- Kelly, Meg, Mary, and Amanda.



Friday evening we made "fire unit t-shirts." I will have to include a picture at a later date. It was one final night for all of us to spend together before heading out to our first round of SPIKES!

Although I was anxious to get to Texas and begin working, it was sad packing up and leaving Walsh Hall. I will miss my fellow fire-unit friends (and other units as well) while we are out serving this month. I can't wait until our first transition week in January when we can reconnect and share all of our awesome experiences from first round!

No comments:

Post a Comment