Thursday, February 18, 2010

THIRD ROUND PROJECT REVEAL!

I found out yesterday where I will be spending March 15th - May 7th...

WICKES, ARKANSAS
working with
ARKANSAS STATE PARKS
doing trail building while living in a camper/trailer with
SIX BOYS & FOUR GIRLS (eee! so many boys!).

I don't have a lot of information yet, but here's the project description from NCCC below:

Arkansas State Parks have the mission of providing quality state park recreation facilities conveniently located and in sufficient quality to meet the needs of all state citizens and visitors. At Cossatot River State Park Natural Area (CSPNA), 96,000 people visit the park a year, 7,000 of which are students. With well maintained trails, these students and many others have the opportunity to learn and experience more without having to navigate loose rocks, dead trees, steep slopes, or deep ditches cut into the trails. Over the past years, the trail has undergone human and natural erosion, requiring it to be relocated in several places. The team will begin by clearing brush and dead trees to improve the safety of the trail. The trail bed will then be repaired and the path will be re-routed in several locations. The work will require the team members to install sets of flagstone steps along the trail, operate a backhoe & frontend loader, drive a Gator, mix mortar, lay stone walls and benches, landscape, seed, and build wooden benches for the trail.

I will post more information as soon as I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment