Here are a few pictures from last week that I thought I would add quickly.
Here's me up in the tresses on the roof of a house on a building site last Friday. Mary and I got to work there for the afternoon installing 2x4 studs across what will eventually be the ceilings. It was a little scary because we were literally "hanging" in the rafters all day, climbing around on small studs, with hammers, nails, and tape measures. It was really fun though -- yet another skill I have learned!
Here's me up in the tresses on the roof of a house on a building site last Friday. Mary and I got to work there for the afternoon installing 2x4 studs across what will eventually be the ceilings. It was a little scary because we were literally "hanging" in the rafters all day, climbing around on small studs, with hammers, nails, and tape measures. It was really fun though -- yet another skill I have learned!
This is clearly our "funny" group picture. I am second from the left on the top row -- Mary is "shooting" me with her giant flashlight, and I am holding an air vent as a "shield." Many other ridiculous things are going on in this picture!

But now we're being serious -- don't we just look like a happy AmeriFamily :)
Following these pictures on Saturday, I had a fabulous weekend. Really good friends of my family, the Smith's, were in New Orleans for a long weekend. They spoiled me by taking Mary and I out for dinner on Saturday night, and then taking me out for the day on Sunday. It was so great to get away and enjoy the company of people I care about outside of AmeriCorps. I really REALLY appreciate them seeing me and spending time with me -- it rejuvenated me and made some of my homesickness go away. It was a great weekend.Then, I also had another great day on Monday. My teammates had all kinds of different plans going for the day, and I was able to be dropped off in Audubon Park for the afternoon. I spent nearly 4 hours on a blanket in the park. It was sunny and 70'F -- I picked up wifi from somewhere, so I was able to get online, read, catch up with people, and just relax in the sun with my iPod. It was so great to feel like I had some personal time and fresh air.
Well, that is all I have time for now. We leave here one week from today (March 4th), so I will soon be headed back to Denver for transition week. I have had a really great experience here in New Orleans. It really is unlike any place I have been before. I am grateful for the time I have had here and can't wait for my next adventure in Arkansas!
No comments:
Post a Comment